- My new car is bluer than yours. I can say this confidently, because I am quite sure it's bluer than any car that was ever blue. You'll see, when I post pictures.
- I think everyone who possesses the remotest smidgen of humanist/liberal/open-minded sentiments should go see The Golden Compass on opening weekend, just to counteract the predictable B.S. coming from the religious right. We are.
- Last night we were at the best basketball game I've ever seen. Not that I had seen much basketball before we got Hornets season tickets, but it was a great game. They got the ball to Peja and tied it up with seconds left, then plowed over Dallas in OT. Too bad most of New Orleans was still drunk from the LSU game and missed it.
- Speaking of which, they are trying to drag out the BCS football selection thing on TV, and it is totally lame. Seeing as the internet already beat them to it. NOT that I care whatsoever about college football, but I happened to be on Nola.com and they had the news about LSU hours ago. When will people realize that TV is obsolete?
- In other news, I've bought a new domain and am putting the finishing touches on what will become the new home of this blog. But I'm not moving until it's all ready. And I promise to write more. My life is slooooowwwly coming back under control. I hope.
6 comments:
Well keep us posted on where to go. Uh, besides going to hell of course.
And I'm glad you got a new car. But you should have gotten white. Doesn't need to be washed as much.
I'm putting copies of the books in my class just because :D
They're awesome books. Apparently telling kids to think for themselves is a value we don't want to instill... but OH WELL.
Exactly! I actually got an email from the president of the Louisiana Reading Association asking me to boycott the movie... ummm, hello? Banned books anyone? Reading freedom = movie freedom = freedom of thought?
Cripes, it's like DaVinci Code all over again only with the added sadistic twist of having it come out during Christmas to lure kids in and make parents not want to disappoint.
You know what's funny though? Seeing this article makes me want to see the movie even more than I did before. You know what's even funnier? See this article kinda makes me want to read the books too. Now that's scary, powerful stuff. Definitely worth being afraid of...
You can borrow 'em from me, I have them. :-D
Post a Comment