Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spending the Month Dead

So I apologize for lack of posting here... and lack of answering e-mails... and lack of posting, well, elsewhere I post. I'm spacing out on prescription drugs right now. Nothing too crazy, just a non-narcotic painkiller and an anti-inflammatory. But my co-workers laughed at how totally zoned my eyes looked this morning. Hah. I thought people who were in tons of pain after car accidents were fakers, but it's really thrown me off. Part of it might be that I didn't exactly have the perfect spine to begin with. I have scoliosis, with seven fused vertebrae and stainless steel rods, so not going to the doctor to get checked out was never an option for me. It's really more my neck than my back so far, though. I am swollen across the back of my shoulders. I'm getting headaches at the base of my neck, and I am really limited in how far I can turn my head.

I am getting the paperwork from Allstate tomorrow, and I will have to buy a new car this weekend. I think I will probably lease, however. Right now I'm looking at the Honda Fit. I wasn't even aware it existed till I went to the dealership, but it is itty-bitty and European and gas-efficient. It's sort of grown on me. I would, naturally, be getting the obnoxiously bright blue one.

Sucks to be me. I am going to wallow in a hot shower now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute i want a fit

Anonymous said...

yd likes the fit, blue. and, shouldn't there be a soup can here somewhere? or a still life?

Sadie said...

Ooh, a fit is super cute. I'm a big fan of Hondas in general. Of course, we own a big giant non gas-efficient Ridgeline. But it's macho, and has all-wheel drive and that's important, apparently.

I hope you feel better soon-- there's nothing worse than neck pain when you're actually trying to function as normal and then you get that giant pain from moving just a little bit the wrong way.

NOLADawn said...

Hope you feel better soon! Back problems suck...

Have fun car shopping though :D

sarah elizabeth said...

Eep! I hope you feel better soon! Car accidents suck - I've only been in one and it was incredibly annoying recovering from it.

JK and I just got a Nissan Versa - also a small hatchback car, and it is nice, has good gas mileage. And comes in BLUE! We're happy with it. But the fits were ALSO nice.

Sarah said...

I, of course, got the Fit in blue. I got it today. And paid entirely too much to get the Sport one, but hey, it's the first car I've ever owned with a clickey thing and a CD player, and it is 2007. So I feel I can make allowances for these types of things! And it's super fun and I like it.