Monday, November 19, 2007

Twiddling My Thumbs

I am just sitting around waiting for the Progressive people to come tow my car away. (Waaahhh, my caaaaaaar!) And for the Allstate people to call and get me a freakin' rental car. Because otherwise, I have a doctor's appointment at 3:30 that I will not be able to get to. It's not far away, I suppose I could walk. But like... ouch. WTF. "Hi, I was injured in a car accident and I am HIKING TO THE DOCTOR!"

I need to go clean out my car. I also need to shower. I bought a new domain name yesterday. You know, just for fun. Because that is what people like me do when they are bored. So it looks like I'll be moving over there soon. I'm not in a hurry yet, though. I want to get it set up and looking nice first. I went as far as putting up two pages and installing a Wordpress theme. Well, about ten Wordpress themes I can't choose between. But I was frustrated by the fact that I have no graphics editor on my Mac, and Mike was playing KOTOR II all day on the desktop. I can't make a new site without graphics. Oh no no no. I also played around with iWeb on the Mac. It made me a semi-cute basic page, but I got pissed at it because it won't let you edit code directly. Also, it converts your images into PNGs, which makes the load time ridiculously long because the file size is ridiculously large. Will have to download onto the other computer, fix, and re-upload.

Meh. Maybe I'll just load up Star Wars: Battlefront and blow stuff up instead.

1 comment:

LissBirds said...

Download GraphicConverter for the Mac. It's Shareware ($30), but the demo is a full version, so you never have to pay for it. It's not Photoshop, but it does quite a lot. :)