The 10 Most Terrifyingly Inspirational 80's Songs
Of course, I just love things like this... My particular favorite highlight:
#5.
"Don’t Stop Believing" by Journey
There are two kinds of people in this world: People who love Journey ironically and people who love Journey genuinely. People who love Journey ironically are mostly leather-clad hipsters in second-hand vintage T-shirts, smoking cloves and hanging with strung-out androgynous she-boys outside used record stores. As for people who love Journey genuinely, they do so because of this song. Say what you will about Steve Perry (For example: He looks like Paris Hilton with Down Syndrome) but the man could sing.
"Don’t Stop Believing" is in many ways the ultimate Journey song, packed to the gills with the staples of '80s rock. It includes vague references to singing in bars, drinking, cheap perfume, taking your chances, livin' in the city, romance at midnight, a jaded city boy, a lonely small-town girl, and a mysterious train whose destination, one assumes, is rock 'n' roll.
Oh, so well put. Naturally I fall into the second group.
5 comments:
I love that song. I always sing along when it's on the radio.
I just love 80's music.
Oh, and I totally knew "Eye of the Tiger" would be number 1 on that list. Boy, does that song bring back memories!
--Melissa
Oh, and I thought this was hilarious: "Think of the weakest, most pedestrian chore you can do, for example, doing laundry. Now play "Eye of the Tiger" in the background. If, by the end of that spin cycle you haven’t managed to somehow kill a grizzly bear with fabric sheets or make sweet love to every woman within 40 yards, then you need to see a coroner because you apparently died the night before."
Where do you find this stuff?! Your skills for finding bizarre stuff on the Internet amaze even me.
Yeah, Pat Benatar was my rockin' 80's hero!!! I still have Journey on my iPod. You should see the looks when I get when I pull up to Starbucks with it blaring :D
Best. Link. Evar.
It was a pretty awesome list. And Melissa, I spend INORDINATE amounts of time on the internet. It and I are in a 13-year-long love affair.
Post a Comment