Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sorry, Sorry, Nothing to See Here

Very busy, had company in town this week, and in my (scant) free time, have been off doing other pursuits. So I am updating quickly to confirm that I am still alive.

In other news, now that I have (semi) conquered PC gaming, Mike thought it would be fun to do the Star Wars RPG together. Me, I feel like I am crossing some geek threshold, because it is one thing to play KOTOR on the computer, but it is entirely something else to sit around your coffee table rolling dice. I am intrigued, though. I have never done this before. It involves a lot more math than I expected. But I don't know what the plot is yet. Because he won't let me look at it.

In the process of gearing up for this pinnacle of geekery, I discovered what might be the coolest site ever: Star Wars Artists' Guild. It's a bunch of people who have drawn pictures of their characters, all different species, only they are far better at it than I am. I'm so impressed and fascinated by the art there.

3 comments:

LissBirds said...

OMG! How do you find these cool sites? You are like my Internet Hero.

Hey, are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? I've never done it before and I signed up. I thought it would be cool if we were both in it together. You know, that whole misery loves company thing.

:)

LissBirds said...

P.S.

Is the Star Wars RPG the same as the Star Wars Miniatures game? The one where you buy little expansion packs of characters (tiny little figures) and I think there's a 20-sided die? Is that the game you're playing?

If so, I think I have that game. Somewhere.

But I have no one to play it with!!! Gretchen and Kerry aren't into this geek stuff like me. I wish I could play it online with you guys.

Otherwise I just kinda play with the figures myself and hopelessly troll the waters of Walmart hoping that the next expansion pack I buy will have Han Solo in it.

Oh, and you should try one of the SW card games. I played those once--they're pretty cool, too. (I have the Clone Wars one. Again, no one to play with.)

Oh, and then you guys should go get yourselves Star Wars Attacktix. I don't know if they are in the stores anymore, but they were FUN. No math needed. Just line up your little players based on the rules, and shoot little plastic laser blasts are the other guy's figures.

--Melissa

NOLADawn said...

You know... I tried my darnedest to convince my 11, 7, and 3 yr old kids to be Princess Leia, Hans Solo, and Yoda and they just weren't having it!! The NERVE!!

I ran into the speech teacher from your school at Starbucks the other morning :) I told her to tell you I said hi. Boy can she talk!