Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Seriously, Guys

I think we can all agree that when you put the following question on a multiple choice exam:

24. Nathan Hale said, “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country,” before he

a. was hanged by the British
b. starved to death in Valley Forge
c. jumped off a bridge
d. was eaten by a pack of wild dogs

... it is a sign that it's time to stop writing exams and go do... something else.

6 comments:

NOLADawn said...

Well, that would depend on how many kids answer D....

Sarah said...

If anyone does, I will become thoroughly depressed.

Sadie said...

Hilarious. Oh, I can't wait for you to get them back!

Bryan said...

Mike (roommate) and I always used to talk about what we would do if we were teachers. We concluded that we would be cool and in order to gain favor with students we would put one question on each test such as the following:

A bluebird is what color?
A) black
B) red
C) blue
D) brown

or...

Donald Duck was what kind of animal?
A) a skunk
B) a duck
C) a platypus
D) a cow

sarah elizabeth said...

On the one hand, the idea of Nathan Hale being eaten by a pack of wild dogs would make the story both poignant and extremely amusing.

On the other, I worry about the kids who would say "Yah, that's gotta be the answer, clearly the brits had super-dogs back in the late 1700's, wild-ones, that they brought over on boats, it has got to be D!"

Sarah said...

Someone did pick "fell off a cliff" on my pre-test. Noooooooooo! Stay away from the crazy, children!