Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall! Glorious Fall!

This is officially the nicest, coolest day we've had yet. An almost-crispy fall day of the type I wished we had more down here. I checked the weather, and it appears to be 70 degrees. Growing up in the Northeast, that doesn't even seem that cool. But considering it's been 95 for the last several months and we've been running the A/C constantly, it was so nice to wake up and feel cool because the house was cool and the low overnight was 60. For some reason, it has appeared to energize my cats. They seem to have come alive. I thought they were walking all over me, purring and bouncing, because they wanted food. But no, they had full food and water dishes. I think they're just pepped up because the window is open and they can hear the birds. Although I think Jolee following me around is going to get old fast, because I have already tripped on him twice.

And lo, I will even treat you to a Saturday morning picture of me and my coffee. I don't know why, because I look icky in the morning. I still have my dead-eyed glasses-on look. But I am strangely energized too, and excited about the fact that I am sitting in my house in jeans and a T-shirt instead of the same sweatshorts-and-tank-top combo I have been wearing for the last 4-5 months. I like the half of my wardrobe I never get to see in the summer. Like jeans! Jeans!

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Haha....nice shirt.

Anonymous said...

You look cute, My cats are all pepped up too

Sadie said...

I always LOVE that first Saturday that you wake up and it's cool. I guess I won't have that day anymore. :(