Monday, October 8, 2007

The Battlestar Galactica Drinking Game v. 1.0

So we decided to create our own B*G drinking game. (We're about halfway through Season 3 on our re-watch.) This is what we have so far.

When watching Battlestar Galactica at 2201, you must take a drink when:

* Adama takes off or puts on his glasses dramatically.
* Helo is being a douche. (Normally I hate this expression. No one douches anymore, rendering it a pretty obsolete insult. And most of the guys I know who say "douchebag" could not in fact tell you what a douchebag is. Yet "douche-y" is a strangely fitting description for Helo's behavior. So I am allowing it.)
* Tigh growls.
* Someone talks to a Head-Person.
* The AdamaStache is on screen (including flashbacks).
* Dr. Cottle chainsmokes in sick bay.
* The crew of Galactica starts a slow clap.
* The writers break out some civilian cultural issue that we have never heard of and will never hear of again, purely for the purposes of plot.
* Drink twice if the above episode features Helo or Lee.

It's a work in progress...

7 comments:

Sadie said...

I want to watch Season 3! How are you watching season 3? I can't find it on DVD yet. I've not seen it at all yet. Did you record it the first time around and just save it all this time? Can I come over? :)

Sarah said...

I taped it. I am watching on a stack of crappy VHS tapes. Apparently they aren't coming out with the DVDs till 2008? Which is totally stupid because it's when the new season starts.

Of course I taped it before I figured out I can DVR things on my computer...

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

I've never been enchanted with people who use "douche" or "doucher" as an insult. BTW - I'm actually trying to get a crowd together to play the Harry Potter drinking game! Thanks for the tip!

Sarah said...

That Harry Potter drinking game does not work out unless you wanna get REALLY sloshed, as I have found out.

Tinsie said...

I've already got Season 3 on DVD. Has it not come out in the States yet? I ordered mine from Amazon back in early September.

I'm not playing the drinking game. I'll end up permanently drunk!!

Sarah said...

Tinsie-- It's just out in the UK! The date hasn't even been announced yet here. Grrr...

Tinsie said...

What?!! That sucks BIG time. You guys get it first on TV and we get it first on DVD? It doesn't make sense. Why not make both available at the same time?