Friday, October 5, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring

And it's Friday, I had an okay day, plus I just had what I think is really good news at work. On the downside, it is SO NEW ORLEANS to schedule a funeral procession for a major public figure on a major business expressway at rush hour on a FRIDAY. What. The. Hell. We sat for 40 minutes at the Gen. DeGaulle onramp without moving.

4 comments:

NOLADawn said...

So, the good news??
I so would have taken the ferry :) I was home today because I have the beginnings of bronchitis, but we would've been in the midst of the traffic with the services being in the Wego...

Sadie said...

New Orleans sounds so much like Memphis sometimes...

Congratulations on the good news, whatever it may be...

Sarah said...

Good news = I think it's official that they found another teacher to split the 7th grade into 3 classes... I am up to 28 kids and this would be HUGE for me.

NOLADawn said...

Awesomeness!!! I think I convinced a retired teacher who subs to take our opening too :) That would move us from 25 to 18-19 each!! Woohoo!! Celebrations this weekend. Well, mine is Robitussin with Codeine, but that's great for me :)