Good Article Today
The New York Times re: the black women's vote.
“They stand at the intersection of race, class and gender,” he said. “Black men say to them, ‘Sister, are you with us?’ and at the same time white women say, ‘Sister, are you with us?’”
I especially liked this bit:
Betty McClain, 51, a bus driver who was waiting to have her hair done at Miss Clara’s, said after Ms. Baia left that she liked what she heard about Mr. Obama. But she likes Mrs. Clinton, too. “She’s already been president before,” Ms. McClain said approvingly, dismissing Bill Clinton’s role in his own administration. “He was just there,” Ms. McClain said of Mr. Clinton. “He was just the husband, that’s all. She really ran the country.”
Heh.
5 comments:
I *love* the bit about Hillary Clinton having been a president before. It's a classic!
Sorry Sarah but I had to tag you. Participation is of course optional...
http://fantasywriterguy.blogspot.com/2007/10/meme-is-word.html
Sadly, one of the other women in this article paused, wondering if it was right to vote for Hillary over Obama because, according to her, the Bible puts men over women...
I am assuming THOSE PEOPLE are lost to us already anyhow.
"He was just the husband."
bwahahahahahaha! LOVE it!
Post a Comment