Thing That Is Not a Thing Update...
The Thing is in the Gulf, but has yet to spin up into anything big. Coastal Flood Watch in effect. Was asked to unplug all cords and move stuff away from the door and off the floor. The weather outside today was quite cool, breezy, and gorgeous, however.
SPECIAL TROPICAL DISTURBANCE STATEMENT
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
400 PM EDT THU SEP 20 2007
THERE ARE NO INDICATIONS YET THAT THE LOW HAS BEGUN TO ACQUIRE TROPICAL
CHARACTERISTICS... ALL INTERESTS ALONG THE NORTHERN GULF COAST SHOULD MONITOR
THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.
The most impacted areas by the high tides will be outside of the hurricane levee protection system in Plaquemines, lower St. Bernard parish and in low lying areas of coastal Mississippi. The Weather Service says a few locations could become inaccessible at high tide.
Oh, see, no. Hell no.
This interest along the Northern Gulf Coast will be monitoring the system. After I get back from kickball.
3 comments:
Still not too impressive for me. Looks like it'll just rain out our weekend, but the lower end may close??
BTW, if you read the paper today, that was my old school and one of my students on the front page :) I posted about it and talked about a book we read. John Green, the author, COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!! I'm in awe.
That is AWESOME that the author commented! I wonder if he was Googling himself... haha, I would! And of course, we had school and ALL the kids could talk about was how school was about to close ANY MINUTE. And then it didn't, and the day was interminable. Oh well. Time for a rainy weekend.
Yeah, I went in an looked at my blog rank stuff and it was found by a search for the book on Google. So, I went to Google and did a search myself and I didn't know that you can search sites or blogs. When I searched blogs, mine came up first. At the bottom of the page you can set up post alerts for your search. He must have that! Cool nonetheless. His blog and subsequent vlog with his brother at Brotherhood 2.0 are great!
Post a Comment