On "Head Six" and Other BSG "Head" People
Quoth the internet rumor mill:
"Say good-bye to the Six in Baltar's head," a source told SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman. "As much as we like Baltar having this controlling figure literally in his head, we couldn't keep it up forever."
...Who are these personas? The source won't say, but there has been a lot of speculation that they are all tied into the Leoben (Callum Keith Rennie) that Kara Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) saw in her "death" episode, "Maelstrom."
Of course, none of this has been confirmed by SciFi Channel or anyone else -- and is subject to change before the actual episodes air, so treat it as you would any rumor.
I stated this exact theory Sunday night. Just ask Sweetie. Was watching an earlier Baltar/Head Six episode, and it just occurred to me that that one line is probably the key to the whole thing.
"You're not Leoben," says Kara to the Leoben in her head.
"I never said I was."
I never thought they were chips. Before Season 3 I thought they were manifestations of Baltar's guilt and wacked-out psyche. Now I think not. But I still don't think they're gods, either. I personally believe they're from the future. All this has happened before and all of it will happen again.
But maybe I've been watching too much Star Trek: Enterprise...
No comments:
Post a Comment