Google Stalking
I begin to be suspicious of Google.
Do you ever get the feeling G-Mail knows everything about you? I mean, technically, it's a very intelligent way to provide a free service supported by advertising. I assume it scans my e-mails for keywords, and then pops up ads based on what it thinks I would be interested in. A couple months ago, hockey. Coffee. Get a lot of ads and articles having to do with coffee. Battlestar Galactica DVDs. Writers' resources. Ever since I bought that plane ticket to Syracuse last month, I've gotten a couple ads for shopping there. Today, steampunk.
Like, whoa. I feel as if I'm being stalked by my e-mail.
1 comment:
I think Google knows you because it tracks your web searches. You can log on to your account and see what you searched for, in a graph broken down by day, if I remember correctly.
I have G-mail for school, and, yes, it did know things about me.
They probably can figure out your IP, too, so it probably knows where you live, too.
DUN DUN DAHHH.
--MB
Post a Comment