Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Oh Look, Tomorrow's Wednesday

And the week just started! Now that's what I like to see. Don't misunderstand me... I don't hate my job. But it is a new job, and I am putting a LOT of time into it right now. It's much less "me" time than I've been used to. The three day weekend felt soooo short. This might be because I spent most of it sitting in front of Oblivion (I am getting to that point where I just think, "I WILL beat this game, dammit," because it has been so long and I'm still playing and it's beginning to drive me crazy.)

I also read some... hung out with a cocktail and felt like an adult human being... it was good. As luck would have it, since this week is short, I don't have much planning to do. That should give me more time than I've been used to lately. I think it will get better as the weeks roll on. New jobs are very overwhelming, though. Plus I ran up my phone bill to $100 with all my panicky phone calls... I guess I underestimated the amount of outside adult support calls I would need in a workplace where the people around me's idea of fun is making things out of tissues, Germ-X, and rubber bands, and flinging them at each other.

I just kept getting in my car and needing to talk to someone mature.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Bless your heart. I certainly don't have the fortitude to lock myself in a room with short people for 8 hours.

But I believe the children are the future, so you know, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Sarah said...

Then I guess the future will be will versed in 101 ways to abuse Germ-X.

NOLADawn said...

Hey, as long as they're not drinking it for the alcohol content, I'm doing good for the day....
Another week almost down :)