Eddies in the Space Time Continuum
I am trying to make a vocab practice sheet, but I can't get past my inner giggling at the fact that one of the words this week is "eddies." Every time I see it, like during class when I am supposed to be doing something entirely different, the beginning chapter of Life, the Universe and Everything runs over and over in my head. You know,
"Eddies," said Ford, "in the space-time continuum."
"Ah," nodded Arthur, "is he. Is he." He pushed his hands into the pockets of his dressing gown and looked knowledgeably into the distance.
"What?" said Ford.
"Er, who," said Arthur, "is Eddy, then, exactly, then?"
"There seem... to be some pools... of instability... in the fabric of space-time."
"Ah, that."
"Yes, that."
"And it's done what?"
"It," said Ford, "has developed pools of instability."
"Has it."
"It has."
Eddies... in the space-time continuum. Is he, now. And I can't explain it because the kids won't get the joke. So I am going to quietly snort over it here.
2 comments:
I have to read that book again!
You know I still have your "lending copy" of it? (Hope you haven't been looking for it...)
Hope work is going well...I just went back today. (Wah!)
--Melissa
Do you? I still have my "bigger and better" copy so no worries!
Post a Comment