Thursday, August 2, 2007

See You and Me Have a Better Time Than Most Can Dream...

North Country... redux.

OK, so my flight leaves at 6:10 PM and lands in Syracuse at 11:37. On Friday we're doing a hike in the Adirondacks, maybe some spontaneous swimming, maybe some beers. The hotel we're staying in backs up to the SLU campus. Saturday afternoon is the wedding. I am going to see some of my FAVORITE! PEOPLE! EVER! In case you haven't picked up on it, I'm really excited. I'm really excited because it's Melanie's wedding, and I haven't seen her in forever. (And I'm thinking, looking at that picture, that I very highly doubt that me being the only one in the group who is not white white white is something that time will not have changed. Haha.)

Therefore, I shall not be here this weekend! Till Sunday.

I know going back to town you went to college in for your friend's wedding is not the same as going back to college. I know you can't go home again. I know this. I guess I'm one of those people with a very strong sense of place. And this place is absolutely sacred to me. So I don't care that we're not in college anymore. I don't care about who's not there. You just cannot tell me that my flip flops on Park Street is not going to mean something. Because I won't believe you.

The Class of 2003* is going to have their party anyway. And you can't stop us.


* Oh fine, Todd. We'll let '04 play too.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I hope you have an amazing time!

NOLADawn said...

Have a WONDERFUL time!!

Sarah said...

It was soooo fun!