Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Where Every Girl Had Her Own Mountain


The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago
Turned around backward so the windshield shows
Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse
Still it's so much clearer
I forgot my shirt at the water's edge
The moon is low tonight...
You, I thought I knew you
You, I cannot judge
You, I thought you knew me
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath
The photograph reflects
Every streetlight a reminder
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night
- REM


2 days...

3 comments:

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Wonderful photo and one of my favorite REM songs.

NOLADawn said...

One of my faves too. They played it when they came in 04 for their "Best Of" Tour. I was really glad they did.

Sarah said...

I took some nice mountain pictures while I was hiking on Friday. Well, they looked good in my itty bitty camera window. We'll see how they turned out.