Questioning My Career Choice, Spazzing Out, Wanting Time to Just Read a Book, Waiting for Friday
I am in the Depths of Despair, as you can see from my post title. No, just kidding, but I am definitely buried under so much work I have to bring it home with me and therefore have no relaxation time. And it is sucking the life out of me. I already marked all my vacations on the calendar with smilies.
I really want to just have time to write my own stuff, but I am so busy doing planning and paperwork, I can't. I KNOW this will get easier. But this week? Not a terribly uplifting week in the life of Sarah. Even my cats were mad at me-- I apparently bought them the WRONG KIND OF FOOD, and they went on a ritual fast, which caused me to refuse to buy them new food because they are spoiled brats, but then three days went by and I got nervous about their food boycott, and finally gave in and just bought them Purina. Because god forbid I give them food in different colors and shapes; it is apparently just wrong and they will boycott it until I bring them plain, brown kibble. Brats.
And despite all that, I'm not really having a terrible week, per se, it's just very hard for me to adapt to the new workload. Now I'm gonna go cry myself a river. Of beer. And go swimming in it.
BLAH.
But Scalzi's blog was entirely right, however. This did make me feel better.
4 comments:
I hope you're feeling better about your job. I'm having the same kind of crisis and rethinking my career strategy. (I never grew up wanting to be a librarian...how the hell did I become one?!)
Maybe there's something about working in a school that sucks the life out of you.
Good luck!
--Melissa
I sent you a long drawn out message that basically says, yes Clarice, the lambs will stop screaming :)
Dude. I can't say I truly understand, only that I'm married to someone who truly understands, and therefore I can act like I know what I'm talking about even though I don't.
So basically I know how your bf feels right now.
I hope it goes better as you get into the swing of things. And if you decide you want to come work in a certain middle school in Colorado I can totally hook you up. Not any less work, just a different view. ;)
Welcome to the world of teaching. You will always have work to bring home!
Post a Comment