Almost... Friday... And Fun Times in the Kickball Beer League
Tomorrow is Friday. Not only do I get paid, I have a weekend. Having been a restaurant employee with a weird schedule for so long, I am struck with a rediscovered appreciation of the sweet sweet goodness that is Friday.
So tonight our kickball team dropped to 0-2-1. I have only been there for the two losses... but it could not be said that they were my fault, owing to the fact that I am not allowed to play in the field due to my having the world's most horrific lack of depth perception. Seriously. I can't parallel park. It comes as no surprise that when I think I'm running up to catch a pop-up ball, it's really 3 feet away. Luckily my boyfriend is the coach and he knows this. Therefore I am a permanent designated hitter.
This adult kickball thing is new. It's pretty fun so far. It's "adult" because the teams have dirty names and people run the bases with beers. Kickball takes place Thursday nights in Audubon Park, followed by free kegs and flip cup at Madigan's. If you're in da NOLA, you should think about getting a team together. It's good times. Even if you suck. I play for the Mo Bart team (we are the ones in the lime T-shirts).
But I'm missing the flip cup because of work I have to finish for tomorrow. Wahhh. Despite giving the other team an unfortunate double play because I didn't know what out it was, I could have regulated at flip cup. Oh well, next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment