We ONLY Watch Quality TV
... in this household. Therefore there must be some mistake when our shows don't get nominated for stuff.
How does The Shield consistently get no love from the Emmy Awards? Even Forrest Whitaker got no love for his unnervingly good guest role last year. Is it because it's on FX? I have totally gotten sucked into this show. None of the garbage on network TV can compare to its intensity. And the actors manage to perform at that consistently high level every episode. I've seen Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal. That's soapy fluff, not drama! No love!
The Battlestar G didn't entirely get shafted, but the actors did. (BSG picked up nominations in writing, directing, sound, and visual effects.) Season 3 was sort of weak, but they could have at least tossed them something for shafting them last year.
I think every article I've seen mentions The Wire, BSG, and The Shield as major WTF omissions, so it's not exactly like we're crazy people clinging to our couch watching crappy shows here.
No comments:
Post a Comment