Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Irritated

So someone changed the schedule at work LAST NIGHT and failed to call me to tell me my shifts were switched today. Which means I drove in there for nothing, which is highly inconvenient to me. And I was supposed to know about this how, exactly? Through my extraordinary psychic ability? Magic, perhaps?

Losers.

I just want a real job, where crap like this does not happen to annoy me. Or really, just to live in a cave and work via the internet, drinking coffee all day. But WE CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WANT.

ALSO. On the topic of annoyance. I saw my most execrable and abhorrent drama queen of an ex walk up and down Magazine Street like four times yesterday. Which can only mean that he must be taking the bar here, and I can only look forward to bumping into His Deplorableness for possibly the rest of my adult life. Because New Orleans is one of those very small big cities where everyone knows everyone. Especially in the legal community. Puke.

Why do all the people I like move?

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Maybe he's taking the bar there but going to work somewhere else. Like... hmm... somewhere else.

Also? Don't you start your new job very very soon? One in which you will wish to sleep late? One where the "customers" won't leave cash on your desk as they leave the room? One that where the "regulars" are the same and they're there EVERY SINGLE DAY?

Just trying to make you feel better about your current job. :)

Sarah said...

My regulars will be a bit shorter than I'm used to. :-) And yes, I start next Monday.