Meanwhile, Back in Obliv...
I downloaded a better facial texture for the characters in the game. Here's a comparison. Thayet's skin looks less blotchy. It's one of the unfortunate downsides of Oblivion that they included so much customization, yet it's really, really hard to make your character not look like they've been hit by the ugly stick. If it looks like her skin's a little darker, I did that. The problem with doing your character's facial coloring while underground is that when you come up into the sunlight, you realize it looks a bit off. I didn't mess with any of the sliders that control face shape though. So it's the same exact character, with better skin and without those odd white/pink splotches. I really like how much more realistic the lips look.
Not that I thought Thayet was hit by the ugly stick before, but you really, really don't want to know how many hours it took me to make her.
To be honest, the reason I took/am taking a break from Oblivion is that I found I had stopped playing. As in, doing things to complete quests or advance the actual plot. I mean, I have played 120 hours and only managed to complete the Thieves Guild and the Arena. (Although, they are waiting for me in Bruma to assault that Oblivion gate, but they're probably going to be waiting a while.) It's difficult to say what exactly I have been doing in Oblivion. Before my break I found that I was going about behaving very... oddly. To wit, my fly amanita cap collection. I keep them in my Imperial City shack. I decided my next step is to buy a house with a basement so I can collect skulls there. Perhaps all manner of bones.
I told you.
No comments:
Post a Comment