Thursday, June 14, 2007

See What Happens When I Take A Break From Oblivion

Some idiot comes up with a new laughable female body model. It is voted the most popular mod of the month at TESsource. And the other idiots go crazy making idiotic chainmail bikinis for it. Ugh.

I weep.

I've posted before on the lack of realistic Oblivion body mods out there. Honestly, I sort of like this one. By "sort of like" I mean don't entirely hate. I don't know. The underwear is certainly cuter (though that rope bra's gotta be chafing, but at least it's appropriate to the time period?), the model looks athletic and not too skinny, and she has a nice six pack going on. But the boobs. Oh, the boobs. They are out there. It's like, if they'd kept it ONE cup size smaller I'd be downloading this. I've mentioned that I don't particularly like Bethesda's body models in the original game. So this is frustrating. So close... but yet so far.

What is up with the chainmail bikini? It's the world's biggest oxymoron. Who first came up with it? What is the rationale for it? Do guys really sit around jerking off to video games?

Maybe I'll download this one anyway. Are giant boobs better than the weirdly chunky, pointy boobs my character came with?

No. No, I won't. And so, here I sit, patiently waiting for someone to rescue me from my pointy-boobed plight. I expect I will be waiting a long time. (Edited to add: a modder gave it a breast reduction! I might be sold. But sans chainmail bikinis, naturally.)

6 comments:

Bryan said...

I dunno I kinda like the lizard and cats that have a tail sticking out the back of the underwear....

Sarah said...

I haven't played as a lizard or cat person yet. Mike is a dark elf though. Maybe someday. The underwear in the game looks like a brown diaper glued on to my manly form, so that is a huge improvement.

USAFA Bulldog said...

I've done some reading of your Oblivion entries and it sounds great. I do have a question though.

Is this an internet-based game, like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars? Reason why I am asking is that although I enjoyed GW, it's now unplayable since my internet isn't fast enough.

Thanks. :)

Sarah said...

Nope! It's a single player RPG. There's a lot to it, though. My boyfriend and I have both put in over 100 hours and we aren't done. You do need to have a pretty high end PC, though. And a good graphics card. It runs well on ours, which is an Nvidia 7600GS.

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you about the female mesh replacers. But for male characters I'm using Robert's body. And if you ever want to play a cat, try AlienSlof's Clouded Leopard, it's amazingly pretty.

Weird, I never even knew I had a Blogger identity ... must have gotten one in my sleep once...

LissBirds said...

Sigh...yet another cool game us Mac users are missing out on. That looks pretty cool...kinda reminds me of Everquest.

I swear, when I get my butt in gear I'm going to install Windows on my Mac this summer and do some serious gaming. I'm missing out on all this stuff...

--Melissa