Monday, June 18, 2007

Something Else

My parents inform me that I am not allowed to blog about video games anymore this week, because this space is supposed to be for important things, such as what's going on in my real life, my boyfriend, and my cats.

Well. I personally thought no one wanted to hear about my cats either (when the most popular label on your blog is your cat's name, it's safe to bet that you blog about your cats too much-- no, seriously, look over on the right. "Jolee" is the #1 tag). But all right, then!

Honestly, there's not much going on with me right now, besides flipping out over money. Which I don't really feel the need to burden other people with. We've gone out for dinner a couple of times (Basil Leaf Thai, Superior Grill). I did go on a huge gaming binge last week. I might be over it. But I hadn't played any Oblivion for several weeks, so it was long overdue. We've watched a couple discs of Star Trek: Enterprise Season 2 from Netflix. Enterprise is the outcast Trek stepchild that's sort of hated on by Trekkies, but I have to say I enjoy it. I even love the non-Trek-ish credits that everyone hates. I think the song goes well with the show and its themes. Captain Archer and his crew are like the dorky freshmen of space travel, but there's something refreshing about how earnest they are... it's a different vibe than we get from the other Treks. They're so excited about meeting people, and they're like, "Open a channel! Hi! We're from Earth!"

And the aliens go, "Earth. Never heard of it." And then charge their weapons.

Come to think of it, I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from watching this scene unfold repeatedly. I am a bad person. :-P

6 comments:

NOLADawn said...

Hear anything on the job yet??? I haven't, I guess I'm gonna take the job in Jefferson at the school where my friend is the new principal. Sucks, I could've used the extra cash. But, I'm holding out hope that I'll get the call before 10:30 a.m. tomorrow :)

Sadie said...

Hilarious. I like the Jolee posts, but then I'm a cat obsessed blogger myself.

Ooh, maybe I'll put Enterprise on our list. We only have one BSG left to watch. :(

Sadie said...

Although, looking at it again... Starbuck is not even on the popular label list. That's just sad, Sarah. Play favorites much? ;)

Sadie said...

*sigh.*

Yes she is. Sorry, I take it back. :)

Sarah said...

Hahaha... Starbuck is also a lot newer! She doesn't have the history. (But I might play favorites just a little bit. Because Starbuck is a friendly kitten and gets love from other sources... and Jolee hates everyone but me. Therefore he needs a bit more attention!)

NOLADawn said...

Of course, after I took the job in Jefferson, I got the email today from Sias welcoming me to the PPS Family... wtf??? Oh well, maybe next year...