Monday, June 11, 2007

Hot. Like Hell.

According to last night's news, it reached 100 in my beloved 70115 yesterday. I believe it. I've been putting in my outdoor time this weekend (the quest to rid myself of the world's worst tan line progresses slowly).

I'm amused by the drive on Whatever to send John Scalzi to the new Creation Museum. See here the New York Times article on this particular religious right attraction. People kept emailing Scalzi (his blog is uber-popular, so I can only imagine), until finally he acknowledged that the museum is really close to him, and he will go only if he receives $250 in PayPal donations. Naturally, since he would only be going to snark the Creation Museum, any money raised will be donated to Americans United for the Separation of Church and State. So if this sounds like a worthy cause to you, you have till Friday to go drop in a couple of bucks. He reports today that the drive is going "poorly"-- poorly meaning that he'll actually have to go. Ha.

I might dye my hair a different color today, for fun. This is the kind of stuff I do when I'm trying to grow my hair out and I get bored of it. I was debating getting highlights, but one of the girls I work with thinks I should go darker. I've never done that. It might be cool.

And finally, speaking of humans and dinosaurs living in peace and harmony, let's just say I am doing rather poorly in Tomb Raider just now. And that's all I'll say about that.

I have the day off today. I work weekend nights, so you could say that Monday is the weekend for me. I'm going to run a couple errands, and then maybe start the monumental task of ripping all my CDs onto the desktop for backup. (This is why we got the one with 400 gigs.) Plus there is a box of leftover Popeyes. Which should be lunch, but I'm eyeing it now. I also need to watch the taped finale of The Shield before I accidentally read something on the internet that spoils it.

2 comments:

NOLADawn said...

I've been darkening my hair for years. Right now it's as close to my natural color as it's been in years. I saw my good friend last week when we went to see Kenny Chesney featuring his tight pants... but I digress... and she actually asked me, "Why isn't your hair red?" LOL cause I haven't colored it in a long time?

Sarah said...

Meh. I used a box that was supposed to be super dark and it really isn't much different from my actual hair. Except redder. Which is why you can't trust the box.

Oh well.

I was blonde for awhile. But it was too much of a pain to keep up with, especially in the winter when I wasn't in the sun.