Beach... Beach... Beach...
"'It's just,' said Ford, 'that you mentioned a party.'
'I did,' said Slartibartfast, and hung his head. He realized it had been a mistake, because the idea seemed to exercise a strange and unhealthy fascination on the mind of Ford Prefect... The old man felt that he should not have mentioned the party until he absolutely had to. But there it was, the fact was out, and Ford Prefect had attached himself to it the way an Arcturan Megaleech attaches itself to its victim before biting his head off and making off with his spaceship."
- Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
In this very same way have I attached myself to the idea of going to the beach on Sunday. It exercises a strange and unhealthy fascination on my mind. It was brought up several days ago, and I have latched onto it and cannot let it go.
I must go to the beach tomorrow.
5 comments:
keep up with the soup
I want to go to the beach! To which beach will you go? I'm jealous.
Don't be too jealous, we're going to the ghetto beach in Mississippi, because the nice beach in FL is too far for a day trip.
Have fun, the ghetto beach isn't so bad :-)
Ghetto beach was pretty fun... who cares if the waves aren't big?
Post a Comment