Friday, May 18, 2007

Things That Terrify Me Right Now

1. The awful mutant tan line from Jazzfest that will not go away. Did a trip to Planet Beach even touch it? No.

2. The state of my kitchen. No, really. Click for the full effect. (I suspect that when my boyfriend makes his eggs in the morning, he leaves the frying pan on the stove ON PURPOSE just to see if, one fine utopian day, he will come home to find that I have cleaned it up. Unfortunately, today is not that day.) Also appearing in this picture: the detritus from last night's very successful (!! yay! finally!) chicken curry. And by successful, I mean that this time we are both still in possession of the skin on the roofs of our mouths.

3. The giant hospital bill.

4. I know the Cylons have a plan, but please tell me the BSG writers do.

5. The Ottawa Senators.

7 comments:

Tinsie said...

I can't comment on anything else, but your kitchen is indeed scary! Mine was the same until 10 days ago (the rest of the flat too), then we went to stay with a friend who's got a super neat, super tidy, super trendy flat. We enjoyed the clutter-free lifestyle so much for the three days we stayed with her, it inspired us to do a massive spring clean when we returned home. Now walking into the kitchen is a joy - although it's no trendier than before.

The Cylons have a plan all right, and it's kind of mind blowing, even though we're still not sure what it is exactly. Keep watching :-)

NOLADawn said...

Our kitchen is pretty bad right now too, and we can't use the water! I don't know how I'm going to go a few more days without water.
Good luck with that tan line. I'm still stuck with mine from last year's softball season :)

Tina said...

I feel as thought kitchens are one of those spaces that if you don't keep on top of them, they some how mysteriously get all cluttered. It's like bowls and silverwear multiply like bunnies over night or something.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, you never lived in a house with a messy kitchen to have the slovenliness engrained into your learned pattern.
It is a simple matter of mind over mess.
I would say the de-clutter idea of tinsie is a great idea!
mom

mW said...

P.S. Don't be misled by the text of this post, which implies the mess is mine and I look for someone to clean up all my messes. For the record, this is what the kitchen looks like when I stop cleaning it every day.

Sarah said...

I cleaned the mess. It was gross. Even I was finally fed up by the grossness.

Sadie said...

6. The fact that I tagged you for a meme.

Sorry. :)

I'm still only a quarter through Season 2, and I was just wondering how this is all going to go. Maybe they need a firm end date, like the LOST writers.