BSG Marathon, Hour 11
The BSG marathon is up to Eye of Jupiter. We watched the first five hours off our tape last night... through the part with the fly-by-night airlock executions. Thought they could have done the battle better. I just felt it was sort of blah. Also, I knew they were going to win because the Celtic Adama theme song played before Lee went off to Pegasus. That song means the Adamas are about to dominate. And we really thought the Kara/Leoben subplot was rushed. It just rubbed me the wrong way, not so much because he was emotionally and maybe sexually abusing her, oddly enough, but because she wasn't acting like Starbuck. If we had seen more of it, it might have made more sense.
Featured today is Number Six. Who is also not my space boyfriend (am refusing to acknowledge his existence until he stops being Fat Lee), being obviously not male, but is undeniably hot. I even like to look at her, and I am a heterosexual female. Six is that beautiful.
Funny BSG Tidbit of the Morning:
I joked last night that Adama was going to symbolically shave off the 'stache when he won his battle. AND HE DID.
BSG Thought of the Morning:
OK, I just saw a Leoben at the Cylon meeting. Finally! And how come the inside of the Base Star looks like the interior of a disco? The Cylons be clubbin'...
Only Related By a Name:
Here are three things Starbuck has crawled under/into in the past 24 hours.
1. The bathmat (I might have stepped on it and squashed her flat if I hadn't seen her crawl underneath)
2. A manilla envelope (yup, all the way inside)
3. The pocket of my pants (she did manage to get her entire head in)
See what I deal with.
3 comments:
*sigh* Very envious right now. No cable here, so no BSG. Am *patiently* waiting for the DVDs.
I also adore Number Six. I drool when she comes on the screen... it's not right for a woman to be that beautiful. Though, I have to say I adore her character. Towards the end of Season 2.5 or whatever the heck it was she really started to develop as a complex kick-ass character. She could kick butt, but she was also a "wounded" soul and a nurturer. I wish they'd put that kind of thought into Starbuck (who started to wear on me at the end of the same season).
Plus Tricia Helfer--the actress who plays her--is just so down to earth and normal. I saw an interview with her on late night T.V. (Leno, I think) and she was all "yeah yeah yeah, I'm sexy. But did you also know I'm a farm girl from Canada who can bale hay?" which, having done that exactly ONCE myself, I know how strenuous it is and how much muscle is required!
So yeah, she kicks ass.
Take your time waiting for the DVDs. 'Cause I am here to tell you that Starbuck seems to be going in a crappy direction, and it does not get better. :-\
But Six = so hot. I have a girl crush on her. Plus I totally want her hair. Which I believe is a wig, because I've also seen her on TV, and she looks like she did in the one episode where Head Six declares she's not going to bother anymore and suddenly is in a ponytail and sweats (hilarious).
I'm in love with Six. Aghhhhhhhhhh
Post a Comment