Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Where Have I Been?

I don't know.

Busy, for one thing. I worked some extra shifts to make up for being out of town. I wrote a major paper. I stressed out over school, because in case you weren't aware, I have a job offer on the table that's dependant upon me finishing my classes. I... sat around not bothering to move because I have this psychological thing where, if I'm unshowered and gross, I can't begin to deal with life. Oddly, that extends to posting on my blog, even if none of you have any way of telling whether or not I've showered.

But I have showered, fortunately. We got our toilet and shower back on Thursday night. I am in love with the toilet. I never thought I'd say that.

I played a couple hours of Oblivion. Now that Mike's playing too, it is hard to wrestle him away from the computer. And I read two Jennifer Crusie trashy novels (not entirely trashy, because I feel she's too clever to be labeled trashy, but romance novels anyway) yesterday.

But I don't have any major thoughts right now that don't have to do with Oblivion or the short story I'm writing. So... yeah. You'll have to put me on hold. Although I might have something interesting to post tomorrow. Depending on what thoughts occur to me.

Why haven't they made KOTOR 3 yet? Why am I stuck in a rut where all I want to do is game? Why do I suck at life?

Sigh.

4 comments:

NOLADawn said...

I know the feeling, a rut is hard to get out of. The rainy weather hasn't helped. Hope you're feeling chipper soon. :)

Unknown said...

T-

Put on the brown hoodie, have a beverage and play some snood...

That's what I'd do

Sadie said...

Ah, it's good for your soul to veg sometimes. My unemployment period was very helpful for me in that regard. Though I don't necessarily want to repeat it, given the financial consequences.

Tina said...

What she said...

I was unemployed over the summer and it made me realize two things: I didn't ever want to be unemployed ever again because daytime T.V. sucks big fat monkey balls and that life is too short to not do the things you really love.

And P.S. You'll do better than fine in school. You're a gemini (like me, if I'm remembering correctly) and we're totally nut jobs when it comes to over achieving.

So do the things you love--write that short story, play Oblivion till your fingers fall off. If you don't feel like showering, don't. Remember that work is work; even if you love your job, its still work. Just because you spend a majority of your waking hours there, doesn't mean it has to consume your non-work waking hours.