Monday, April 9, 2007

But I Want It Now

I've been cruising the SFBC and Amazon to see if there are any books I want to order. I don't know, I get itchy when I haven't bought a book in a long time. And it has been months since I bought a book. I came to the sad but undeniable conclusion that, whatever I order, it will not be:

a) Red Seas Under Red Skies, by Scott Lynch (July 31)

b) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling (July 21)

c) A Dance With Dragons, by George R.R. Martin (whenever GRRM finishes it).

And therefore, it will not be enough. Although, Tad Williams' Shadowplay and John Scalzi's The Ghost Brigades are options I will have to consider. But only upon re-read of the first volumes.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Your list is only three books long? :)

Sarah said...

There is more on the list, I guess. It just bums me out that everything I really really want is out this summer.

Tina said...

I hear ya. Or the books I really, really want are still in hardcover, and I have this thing about buy hardcover (I only do it if its a book that I really, really love and have battered the ever-loving hell out of the paperback). So I wander aimlessly around the bookstore, unable to commit to anything. *Sigh* though, I did pick up some Anne Rice that I haven't read in a long long while--The Mayfair Witches. I can't remember if I liked it, but I think I did. So far, 100 pages in to the Witching Hour, I'm liking it... again, maybe?

Anywho...

Sarah said...

The Witching Hour is my favorite Anne Rice. The purple house is really there at First and Chestnut, by the way.