Sunday, April 29, 2007

Very... Badly... Burned...

So, since I have one of those Eastern European complexions that allows me to usually skip the sunburn and go straight to tan, I thought it would be OK to slap some sunscreen on my face and the tops of my shoulders and go to Jazzfest yesterday.

This was an error. Seven straight hours in the sun is not cool when you do not have a base tan. I only get sunburned like this about once every two years, but that is enough for me.

Today I am a lobster. A crispy lobster. And it sucks. Also, I have a horrible tank top line that it will probably take me the next two months to get rid of. But we saw Rebirth Brass Band, and the Norah Jones show was awesome, and I ran into someone I hadn't seen since we worked together at summer camp seven years ago, so it was cool.

Now I'm going to take an Advil and try not to rub any parts of my skin together ever again.

2 comments:

NOLADawn said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Norah Jones!
Get some Aloe Vera gel and stick it in the fridge. Works wonders!

Tinsie said...

Ouch! Another vote for aloe vera gel.