Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Am Not Savvy Enough for New Blogger :-(

I really would like to have the drop-down menus, label functionality, quick sidebar editing, and other content provided by the new Blogger (previously Blogger Beta). But I apparently don't have the technical knowledge to implement this template in the new Blogger. It sucks. I think I finished this template right around the time the new Blogger came out of beta. And I like it. So there is no way I'm going to trash it. I just spent a little while fiddling with the template editing function, and I can't get my CSS to display properly.

I'm at this middle place where I know enough to have built this page entirely from scratch, but I don't know quite enough to make it work using Blogger's superspecial tags that govern their widgets. I know enough that I wouldn't want to drag and drop edit my site like I'm 12. But I don't know enough to translate this template into the new Blogger without a bigger headache than I have time to deal with right now. This isn't even a complicated template. I just want my freakin' boxes to be gray, all right? And my custom graphics to stay where I put them. Or, you know, to show up at all would be nice.

No comments: