Three SF/F Things I Am Enjoying Right Now
1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- I'm on Level 15. I closed my second Oblivion gate yesterday and came to the shocking conclusion that, for someone who loves the game... I hate hate hate being in actual Oblivion. It has such ugly scenery and, frankly, bores me. You have to go through these dreary towers full of rooms with names like "The Meat Tower of Anguish," "The Flesh Render," and "The Blood Feast." We are supposed to be in hell. I GET IT, OK? I don't care what kind of cool loot is in there, if I have to go through another Meat Tower and fight thirty more of those stupid dinosaurs and ice monsters, I may die of boredom.
I just want to collect all 12 volumes of 2920, pick flowers, and steal things, all right?
2. The Lies of Locke Lamora, by Scott Lynch -- This book was so much fun when I read it this fall. This is my first re-read, and I'm pleased to report that... it's still fun. Cannot wait for Red Seas Under Red Skies, the sequel, which will be out in a couple of months.
3. Battlestar Galactica -- Have watched Season 2 up through Epiphanies. Liked the part where they found Pegasus. Slightly sketched out and suspending sense of scientific disbelief over the Cylon-baby cancer curing blood incident. But when does Season 3, Part 1 come out on DVD? Because I don't want to rush through Season 2 and then have to wait. Battlestar is my new guilty pleasure. You just sit there like, "They didn't!" and then, "Oh, come on," and then, "But I must have more..." Or at least I do. Lee Adama: sohotrightnow.
Anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment