KOTOR 3... Please Please Please!
Every month or so, I run a search to see if there's any word on the streets re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3. If you read this blog, you know how I feel about Star Wars. KOTOR was THE coolest game because, for the first time, it was an experience that really allowed you to live in Star Wars. If you have something you really, really, really love the way I love Star Wars, you know how special that is. I think I clocked 15 game hours in the first 24 hours we had the game. It was the first game I actually got out of bed at 7 AM for, because I had to play. I, in fact, refer to it to this day as The Game. Fans have been waiting for the continuation of the KOTOR series for years. This interview makes it sound like it might be in the works. And this post from last month, though based entirely on secondhand rumor mill-type information, gives a person reason to hope. Honestly, I don't know why LucasArts seems to have dropped the ball on KOTOR 3... both of the previous games were critical and commercial successes. Not to mention the huge cliffhanger ending they left us with in KOTOR 2. And the fact that in Star Wars, things tend to come in threes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time in Oblivion, but as I wander around I can't help thinking, "Oh my god, if they come out with KOTOR III and it looks like this, it will be the most amazing thing in the history of ever!" The thing is, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Chances are, if (when, I'll just say when, because they'd be stupid not to make it) KOTOR 3 comes out, it will be in 2008 or 2009 and it will look like that. Which is to say it will look ten times more awesome than the previous incarnations of the game, which came out in 2003 and 2004.
And now, a short quiz. If they announce KOTOR 3, I will:
A) Pee myself
B) Fall on the ground and twitch
C) Spontaneously die of coolness
D) All of the above
The answer is (D).
In the spirit of these hopes and because I'm in a space-y mood lately, I decided to play a little KOTOR 2 this afternoon... only to find that the game won't start. Tried downloading new patches and no-CD cracks, even though I was pretty sure Mike already did it, but to no avail. I did a little digging online, and found out that KOTOR 2 is one of the games that has Windows Vista compatibility issues. I got into it twice, amidst a series of crashes when you click the launcher, but now it's decided not to let me load it. I thought maybe it was because I was playing with the graphics settings (we have a vastly better graphics card now, why not use it?), but when I set them all back, it still wouldn't start. I ran a hardware check and it popped up a message that my graphics card wasn't good enough. Which, obviously, being an NVidia 7600GS that can run Oblivion with no issues, it is. In the message it says, "Update your drivers," but the version it tells you to update to is something from 2003. @%#*&!!! Now I read online that people can get it to run by disabling sound?? Well, screw Windows Vista. What I don't get is why KOTOR works fine but not KOTOR II. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment