Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Scarlet and Brown. 4L. Peace.

I love the St. Lawrence alumni magazine. The day when it arrives in the mail is usually rendered completely anti-productive. Because I instantly have to drop everything and read it. The alumni magazine has a strange effect on me. First, it throws me back into reminiscing about college. Second, it causes me to need a beer RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, we are out of beer. So instead, I'm settling for going through my files and finding the sketchiest SLU picture I have and blogging it.

This isn't even close to being it (believe me), but it was one of the sketchier ones I have scanned on my hard drive. Here we have me, also in my blonde phase, at an army-themed mixer with Phi Kappa Sigma circa 2002. I appear to be A) wasted, and B) throwing the shocker. I really cannot say why we're all throwing the shocker. Not "can't say" as in "there is a top secret reason for it," but more like as in, "the combined effects of keg beer and the passage of time prevent me from discerning if there was ever a reason this was hilariously funny."

That GATE CLOSED sign in the background used to hang in whatever house Phi Kap had as their off-campus. Phi Kap might have noticed that it disappeared sometime in 2003. This is because I stole it. I feel sort of bad about that, now, because I have much love for Phi Kap. Sorry, guys.

But there was a good reason for it. Really.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

That is hilarious, and I wasn't even there.