Saturday, March 17, 2007

Huh. This Weekend's Going Well

Of all the things one could be doing on one's weekend, spending an entire day in ER is definitely not at the top of my list. Ugh. I woke up early Thursday morning with my stomach in incredible pain, and it didn't go away. I haven't been nauseous at all, just in severe, persistent, cramping pain. In fact, it kept me up the entire night Thursday night, except for the nap I got between 5:30 and 7:00 AM. Then my stomach started hurting again, so badly it woke me up, so I finally gave in and took myself to the medical professionals. After doing a bunch of tests on me (I have no idea how much this is all going to cost on my crappy student health insurance, and I don't want to know), they pronounced it a gastrointestinal virus, gave me some IV fluids, and sent me home with medication. I guess it was worth it to go, just in case it was appendicitis or something serious. I kept looking up my symptoms online and freaking myself out.

I went to sleep at 7:30 last night and just woke up, so I must be sick. Well, also I didn't sleep at all Thursday night. My stomach feels better today, but still in enough pain for me to take my pill. Maybe I'll even eat some real food.

P.S. We were very impressed by Touro. They had a surprisingly (because this is New Orleans) friendly, literate, and helpful staff of people running that place. I felt like I was not in the third world. So, shout out to Touro Infirmary.

No comments: