In Which, In Trying to Justify Today's DVD Purchases, I Prove I Am A Huge Geek, In Case We Weren't Aware
Me: I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Battlestar Miniseries.
Sweetie: Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't bought it already.
Me: But I don't know if I want to buy it new or used. But if I buy it new I can combine it with something else and get free shipping. So I'm in my wishlist, but most of the stuff I want is all pre-orders for this summer. And I'm poor and shouldn't be spending money on DVDs.
Sweetie: Just buy them.
Me: Well, I haven't bought anything for myself in months.
Sweetie: Why don't you buy an X-Files?
Me: We haven't bought any X-Files in a while, have we? And why haven't we? We left off with Anasazi, which is one of my favorite episodes and a huge cliffhanger! How could we not have bought Season Three yet to find out what happens? Mulder was missing! And they find the train car in the desert with the alien bodies in it and Mulder goes, "Oh my god, Scully, what have they done?" And the Cigarette Man goes, "Nothing vanishes without a trace. Burn it." And... OK, fine, maybe I've seen it a few times.
4 comments:
I haven't watched X-Files in awhile. Man, I loved Mulder. I wish The Lone Gunmen had been on longer, I really liked that one too.
I'll have to buy the BSG dvd's at some point too. I'm kind of collecting stuff as I go. I have Firefly and some Babylon 5 but no BSG yet. It's only a matter of time though.
Hah! The conversation that you have with your Sweetie, I have on the phone with my mother on an almost weekly basis (I'm spoiled, I set aside exactly $20 a week with which to buy something for myself. This means I can either "save up" for a larger purchase--i.e. new work pants--or more likely a trip to the bookstore. Where I get "stuck" in the sci-fi/fantasty shelves or DVD section. *sigh*) Revel in your geekiness... revel!
Sidenote: I thought you'd might enjoy this. Borders is funding/supporting a conference on Harry Potter. I so want to go, but doubt I'll be able to. http://www.thephoenixrises.org/
Ooooh, "Anasazi"! That, plus the first two eps of Season Three, make a nice evening's viewing, culminating in Skinner telling the CSM to "pucker up and kiss my ass". Geez, now I gotta watch those again.
I really don't know how I lived without Season 3, now that I have ordered it.
Post a Comment