Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spending the Weekend Dead

I guess I haven't been here much. I think I'm finally starting to recover from my horrible stomach cramps that wouldn't let me even stand up. I know it's nothing serious, because I had all the tests done at the ER. They decided it was most likely an intestinal virus (ew). I'm worried that it has something to do with me being lactose intolerant. The last thing I had before becoming horribly sick was a glass of milk. Then Sunday night I was feeling a lot better, so I had just a little milk to dunk some cookies in... only to wake up early Monday morning in pain again. I know sometimes people develop allergies out of the blue, so I hope I haven't gone from being slightly lactose intolerant to being full blown allergic to milk overnight. I'm not about to test out that theory, though, for several weeks. Therefore, you can be sure I will not be touching cereal this morning. Or any morning in the near future.

I worked all day yesterday, and I was totally zoned out on medication. I also managed to get first degree burns on my left middle finger, which still stings this morning. I'm really over that place, but I can't be bothered to quit when I'll probably only be working there a few more months. Speaking of which, tomorrow is my day off, and I will probably be spending it on job applications. And... yeah. That's what I've been up to. It is super uninteresting. As my friend Veronica used to say after a bad weekend in college, "Life rots, and then you die."

We might get a new disc of Battlestar today, though.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Ugh... that would totally suck to be fully lactose intollerant. Imagine... no ceral, no milkshakes...NO CHEESE!!!?? (makes horrified face). Life would be miserable!

What type of jobs are you applying for? I'm thinking of moving south (mostly looking at Savannah GA and a little bit at New Orleans--I swear its a spanish moss on trees thing!) and am looking at adjunct positions at colleges. Of course, I'll probably just end up moving home... which, at almost-28 is truly pathetic. Anywho... good luck with that!

Sarah said...

I could not live without cheese. In a couple of days I'll have to test out cheese.

I'm applying for... anywhere that's hiring middle school teachers. We definitely have spanish moss here!

Sadie said...

Hey, my husband's a middle school assistant principal, so if you decide to move north, lemme know, I can get you the hook up.

Actually he very little to no power over hiring decisions, but I thought that sounded good. ;)

If you see any positions for him, let me know. We talked about making a move down there.