Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Right, Sweetie

So Mike is always making fun of me because I actually feel danger whenever there are massive tornado warnings and the sky turns a pale shade of yellow-green. He claims that we are in the middle of an urban area and therefore we're safe, because there are buildings all around and tornados only go to open spots. Hence Kansas constantly getting hit with them.

Well.

A tornado apparently touched down at Burdette and Freret Streets last night. This is approximately 16 blocks away from our house, on the other side of Tulane. In fact, I was driving through this area three hours earlier, because I gave an undergrad without a car a ride home from work. It started to rain shortly after I got home.

If a tornado can touch down a mile away, it can touch down here. I rest my case. So there. I'm going to hide under the furniture next time.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

I don't blame you. People here always say Memphis can't get hit with a tornado b/c it sits on a bluff. Like a tornado can't get over the bluff or something.

I say that just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't.