Monday, February 12, 2007

My Left Shoulder Is Dead

Long live my left shoulder.

Two weeks ago I also had problems with this shoulder. It really pisses me off, because I worked Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, and I work both shifts today in what is essentially a 10-12 hour day. This is the wrong point in my week for my shoulder to be in uncomfortable, unsleepable pain. I am going to have to take some of those pills at work, which are a dubious brand of generic pill called "Pain Zapper," whose most notable and redeeming quality is that they have a warning label stating that one dose contains caffeine equivalent or greater than one entire cup of coffee. Sometimes I am tempted to pop a couple of those pills for a quick pick-me-up. I am definitely going to need a few today to get through work.

I don't know what's wrong with my left shoulder, or how I did it. I suspect I pulled something. Again. But I really don't want to work a double today. Last week they gave me this B.S. about needing to keep me on during my break, even though usually I go home for two or three hours. It was total B.S., because they didn't need me, I made about $12, and I was miserable. I'm putting my foot down if they try to pull that today. I couldn't get in a good position all night, the cats woke me up by wrestling on my feet, and that computer still isn't here. Apparently when you pay extra for 2-day shipping, what you really get is 7-day shipping. If it doesn't get here in the next 10 minutes, it will get here this afternoon and I won't be here to sign for it. So we won't get the damn thing till Wednesday. All of these things are things that piss me off on this crappy Monday morning. I had to vent.

4 comments:

Sadie said...

Wow. Nice Monday for you, huh?

Sorry about your shoulder, I hope you can get through your shifts without being in significant pain. I also you make a truckload of money so it's worth it...

Tinsie said...

I saw an osteopath about my extremely painful left shoulder. It turned out it wasn't my stomach, or my heart (she checked both) but it was due to the fact that one of my legs is shorter than the other, so my pelvis is lopsided, which makes my right shoulder drop, which makes my left shoulder tense, which gave me the pain. A very long story indeed, but all I needed was a couple of osteopathic treatments and a few exercises (most of which I didn't bother with if I'm honest) and I was good as new.
Yours is probably nothing to do with short legs and funny pelvises, but I thought I'd share anyway :-)
Hope you feel better soon!
Tins xx

Sarah said...

Oddly enough, it probably IS something like that. I have scoliosis, which causes one of my hips to be different from the other and one of my shoulders to roll forward. That might have something to do with the fact that it's always the same shoulder.

Tinsie said...

Bingo! I've got scoliosis too. Which, the osteopath explained, was due to one of my legs being sorter, which made my hips lopsided, which made my spine bend (scoliosis), which made one shoulder drop, which made the other shoulder tense, which gave me the shoulder pain.