Thursday, February 8, 2007

Netflix Hates On Us

You might have noticed that nearly a week has gone by since I wrote about how newly obsessed I am with Battlestar Galactica. We have one episode left to go in Season One, the conclusion of the two-parter that left us on a cliffhanging note as Starbuck surprised everyone and took off for Caprica (TV Starbuck, not gray furry Starbuck :-P). So what did I think of the season finale?

Oh, that's right. I haven't seen it. We haven't gotten a disc from Netflix in an ENTIRE WEEK. To compare, we usually have a two-day turnaround. Netflix has done an impressive job of being the only mail-related thing not affected by Post-Katrina slowness. Of course, when I really want something, they suddenly decide to experience issues. First we mailed it back right before the weekend, and the folks at Netflix apparently don't work on Saturdays, even though the mail does. Then-- horrors! Apparently they are out of that disc of Battlestar Galactica in Baton Rouge, and it is being sent from Des Moines.

Iowa? Seriously? They can't find a Season One Disc Four anywhere in the south? Argh.

In other news, here are the specs of the new desktop (also being shipped from Somewhere Else, with a mysterious potential arrival date of maybe tomorrow or maybe Saturday):

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Processor 5000+
2 GB RAM
400 GB hard drive
NVIDIA 7600 GS
DVD burner

Which pretty much equates to, wow, this is more space than we will ever, ever need. Oh wait, except I need it to play Oblivion. Because I totally already bought it. I don't know why I wanted this game so much. It just looks really, really, really cool. My lazy ass hasn't even finished Neverwinter Nights, and this game is about five times the length and size. I don't know, there's just something about the ridiculous character customization that makes me geek right out... you can make your character's face right down to the eyebrows.

I don't know, OK? Sometimes people are huge geeks, and they want hugely geeky toys. Leave me alone.

4 comments:

Tina said...

See! I TOLD you! Sending bad juju Netflix ways for you.

Also, question. These computer games that you're playing, are they different then, say, Xbox? Can you get them for Xbox? I took a look at that game... looks AWESOME! Must resist...

Sarah said...

You can play that one on PC or Xbox 360. The Star Wars one I'm super obsessed with is on PC or Xbox. It's older (2003) so it runs on my laptop. This Oblivion one is so ridiculous people bought new computers for it.

Netflix makes kittens cry. There. They should feel HORRIBLE.

Sadie said...

You know, my Netflix movies are late too, now that I think about it. Only two days late, but still. They are usually right on time... Wonder what's up with that.

Tina said...

I think I may have bad jujued myself. I received disk 3 of Battlestar Galatica in the mail today. Giddy wiht pleasure I opened to find... it broken in half. Seriously, WTF!!!??? Now I won't get anymore until Monday... a whole effing weekend with no DVDs. *sigh*