Friday, February 9, 2007

Waking Up the Food

I think the cutest, yet most annoying, few minutes of my day occur in the mornings when my cats contrive to wake me up. This morning Starbuck was curled up next to me, sort of nestled above my hip. Jolee hopped onto the bed and stalked up my other side. He flopped with both paws on my chest and started to purr. Starbuck is very cute in a kitten way, but she cannot compete with Jolee for sheer plush, furry, gorgeousness. I think it's because his face and eyes are so round, and when he is happy he almost has a smile. Also, Starbuck jumps around going, "Mrrp! Mrrp! Love! Love!" all day. Jolee bestows his love a little more discriminatingly. Anyway, they prowled and sprawled and circled around me like a pride of mini-lions until I got up and gave them some dry food.

Starbuck has this funny habit, and I wonder if it's a kitten thing that she'll outgrow, of squeaking when she jumps down from furniture. It's as if it's a little too high for her, and the air gets squished right out of her as she lands. So she lets out this little squeak. But then, the funny part is that Jolee goes "Mrrrrw" every time he jumps up onto something. So maybe it's just personal preference. Haha.

I believe the proper monetary unit to describe how much money I made at work last night is "a shit ton." It's a very technical term. My last two tables tipped me $50 and $75 respectively. That $75 was probably the easiest $75 I've ever made in my life. Anyway I'm off. Going for a drive, to see about some stray cats. Just wish me luck in resisting the urge to collect more kittens...

Tags:

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Wow, nice tip! Very nice.

It's funny how similar your kitties and mine seem to be. Dobby is just so full of energy and love, and Merlin stalks around and will give you an ankle-rub or headbutt when he's feeling like it.

Sarah said...

Oh no! Have you caught him yet? I hope the other cats aren't mean to him... cats usually stick close to home when they are outside. You could try a trap, except I wonder if you'd get a different cat that's not him, if you have a lot of ferals around.