Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Geek Cred

I was bored, so I thought I'd go around the house and take pictures of the geekiest things I own. I think I've determined that the top six are:


My "Antilles 2" shirt. This is the geekiest item of clothing I own. I also own a black Star Wars T-shirt based on the original movie poster, but this T-shirt wins hands down because you have to "get" it.

My F/SF bookshelf. My bookshelves are arranged by genre. I've run out of space on this shelf, actually, and need to expand onto the other shelf. Excelsior, stout F/SF novels! Excelsior!

The other F/SF bookshelf. You know, the one in the closet where you hide the Star Wars novels and other semi-cheesy tie-ins... No, seriously, it's in the closet. Do I look like I'm kidding? (Most of these pictured are Mike's. But I shamelessly admit to owning a couple *cough* twenty *cough* Star Wars books.)

The Highly Selective Thesaurus for the Extraordinarily Literate & The Highly Selective Dictionary for the Extraordinarily Literate. When I discovered Mike also owned these, I knew it was meant to be.

Agent Mulder's "I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster. This is sort of cheating, because mine got ruined during Katrina. But never fear, I'm replacing it and it will reign for another 6 years above my desk.

How could I forget my favorite coffee receptacle?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Flounder, have I mentioned how absolutely jealous I am of that coffee mug...it harkens back to the days of "non-wall qualities"

Sarah said...

NWQ4L.

Unknown said...

You have her eyes...

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Sarah, Great blog! I have a couple F/SF bookshelves too - and I couldn't help notice a similarity... I hate to drag this out of the closet but - that's the Dragonlance series isn't it?

I collected 27 of them before finally cracking the cover of Dragons of Autumn Twilight (just recently) - and sure enough - I hate it. HATE it! The material is quite cool but the writing itself is horrendous. The characters have the collective mentality and spirit of a bunch of office clerks doing Outward Bound... I've got about 40 pages remaining (I never give up on a book for some crazy reason) and then I'll probably never pick up volume 2. Oh well.

Love Tolkien, Asimov, Poul Anderson, Bradbury, Larry Niven, A Merritt, Le Guinn, Mary Stewart.

Would love to know what authors you recommend. (cute cats btw)