I Was Going to Do a Thirteen...
... but I couldn't think of anything good, so instead I am watching X-Files reruns on the SciFi Channel. Yeah, I know. But I have a lot of work to do today. I am supposed to be working on two website designs for people I know. Yes, at the moment, I'm doing it for free, because I'm just not that good. At least, I don't believe I'm good enough to charge money. But I think it's good, because it satisfies my need to play around in Gimp and make graphics, plus I'm still learning CSS and can experiment.
One site is going to be my friend Maria's videography business. I'm hoping to work on that this afternoon. The other site is going to be for the Plaquemines Cat Action Team, the feral cat group I volunteer with, but I haven't started yet.
Web design is something I've always been very interested in. When I first "discovered" the internet in 1996, in my dad's office, I decided immediately that I wanted a web page. I had a lovely crappy Geocities page, which is what you did in the 90's if you were a high school sophomore and didn't have the money or experience to do anything cool. (Did anyone else have one? They had their site divided into different "neighborhoods" based on what you were interested in. Mine was in Area 51... I know, big shocker there.) I've had my own site ever since, existing in various stages of crappiness. The current version looks pretty, but doesn't have much content. This is partially due to the fact that I haven't decided what's going to go and what's going to stay. I'm starting a job search for teaching jobs very soon, and I am going to need to get rid of, or hide, some of my old content. Which sucks, but that's how it goes. I think I'm going to disassociate this blog from my site, definitely, because I want to be able to be myself on my blog. Therefore, I'm going to have to anonymous-ize (anonymize?) this blog at some point soon. 'Cause let's face it, I love me some bad words.
But yeah, design and graphics are something I love, but sort of dabble in rather than seriously pursue. I'm the kind of person who has too many interests. I think it's my Gemini nature. Writing fiction is the most important, but I like so many other things, it's no wonder I never get anything done. (I wouldn't say that's quite true, because in the last year and a half, I've done one novel, four short stories, and part of a new novel, but let's just say I get less done than I want to.) So this is apparently my time for playing on the internet, because people want me to play on the internet, and I'm up for it!
3 comments:
You may have to find a picture which disguises your true identity, as well, in your quest for anonymity.
Yes, sweetie. :-)
Pictures of cats are good for disguising yourself. ;)
Post a Comment