Saturday, January 20, 2007

Yay Battlestars! Yay Cats!

Our next Battlestar Galactica disc was supposed to arrive yesterday via Netflix, and it didn't show up. This made Sarah very put out, but ended up being OK, because I went to class at 4:30 and to a musical revue in the Quarter with friends from work right afterward. I was too busy to watch TV anyway. But I am now celebrating the fact that... we have Battlestars today! I love how Netflix allows me to watch hours and hours of TV without actually watching, you know, TV. I don't like these Battlestars as much as I like the Fireflies... but then, I've just started. So on tonight's to-do list, we have Battlestars.

We also have cats racing around the living room pouncing on each other. I'm really not kidding about Jolee thinking the baby is a toy. You look at him all squashed flat to the carpet with his butt wiggling, and you clearly see in his eyes, "It moves fast! It flies! What's it going to do next? Quick, get it!" In the photo at left, the Bindo, surveying Starbuck from on high with eyes red as the devil's, prepares to lay the smack down with his pimp hand. Seriously, though, they're getting along very well. The kitten has the run of the house now, and Jolee is roaming around with her. He gave her a bath yesterday. And he did it again just now-- very authoritatively reached down and started licking her neck and back.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so cute that Jolee cleans Starbuck. I wonder if that is a Katrina cat thing ? Beignet likes to clean the other cats too. I have two cats that are sisters, and they have never cleaned each other. They don't even associate with each other.

I like the name Starbuck, but it makes me think of a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks that I am fighting an addiction to.

I am so happy that your two fur babies are getting along. I knew it would work out. Maybe you will end up a crazy cat woman like me with 5. You know what they say, "one cat leads to another". So true :o)

Robin said...

Awww...the kitties are so cute.

Sarah said...

They seem to be getting along. Baby Starbuck (this is what I seem to be calling her, oyy!) doesn't exactly like it when Jolee cleans her. She rolls over and bats at him. She has gotten bigger in a week!

Sadie said...

I'm glad they're getting along. I think Merlin kinda had the same attitude at first about Dobby. He was just following him around all the time, like "what is that thing? Where is it going? What is it doing?"

I'm glad they're not fighting. I know that makes you breathe a sigh of relief.

Anonymous said...

Your Kitten is so cute! I want a kitten. I have to work on the room mate and the boyfriend. One of my student's cat is pregnant. ... how long does that give me to convince them? :)