Gasp... Last Breath... Dying
I made chicken curry just now. I consulted a couple of recipes before sort of modifying and substituting my way through the cooking process. So I am here to tell you that, if you are ever faced with the choice between using the amount in your cookbook's recipe or using the amount on the back of the jar of curry paste... USE THE ONE ON THE JAR! Thanks a lot, Rachael Ray! I trusted you, and now my insides feel like I swallowed three shots of tequila. I don't know which jar of curry paste YOU have, but MINE is lethal if you put 3 tbsp into chicken curry. And hello, it's their jar of curry paste, so they ought to know. Just FYI.
Oh, chicken curry. How are you simultaneously so sweet yet so deadly? I must ponder this cooking mystery.
Tags:
3 comments:
*snort*
I'll remember that. I have a VERY low tolerance for spicy-ness, though, so I doubt I'll ever have that problem.
Oh friend! Having gone to India (first having prepared myself by eatting lots and lots of curry and other Indian delights at our local Indian Food Restaurants) I can TOTALLY sympathize! You're insides feel as though they've been pulverized with a hammer and are trying desperately to crawl out through your nose.
Also, and I love the Rachel, but she's a bit of a fruit... always read the bottle!
3 tablespoons??? Was it the red kind??? Your lucky your stomach did crawl out and say WTF
Post a Comment