Starbuck
Introducing baby Starbuck!
I wanted to name the kitten after a warrior woman. She has become very fierce in the last two days... she chased Jolee all around the apartment this morning and even pounced on him. (He was a bit taken aback, but rebounded by stalking her across the carpet.) There are a couple of female Jedi in the Star Wars canon, but I didn't like any of them enough to name her after them. And I didn't know if I wanted two Jedi cats... So then I thought about Firefly. And I thought I would name her Zoe. But it sounded too much like Jolee. Then last night we watched Battlestar Galactica from Netflix-- I've been wanting to watch it for a while, because it is supposed to be a really good sci fi show. And therefore I have named the baby kitten Starbuck. Because it's cute. In a bad-ass fighter pilot kind of way. ;-)
6 comments:
And my cat is named Pilot, which really isn't named after a pilot or anything.
I automatically thought of Starbucks and wanted to ask if the kitty comes with foam :D
She's a baby cappucino!
Just kidding.
That is a "furry" cute name!
Where's the name Jolee come from?
Jolee Bindo is a Jedi master in a Star Wars video game.
Oh! That makes sense. Should I have known that? Is he in the movies too? My husband would be ashamed of me for not knowing that.
or reminds you of skater Jojo Starbuck, but im old
Post a Comment