I Have No Shame
Earlier this year I joined the Science Fiction Book Club. I bought a bunch of books from them, fulfilled my membership obligations, and quit. Mike said, "Just wait." Lo and behold, the e-mail arrives in my inbox this week: "We've missed you! Rejoin and get 5 books for $1 each, plus a sixth book FREE!" For two days I didn't do anything, while it burned a hole in my inbox.
...Twiddled fingers... Looked back and forth... Clicked just to see what they have. Oh, come on. How is a person supposed to resist that kind of offer? I am getting 6 books for $18.70! What an unbelievable deal! Again! Several of these are books I was meaning to buy anyway. Here is what I'm getting this time around:
Forest Mage, Robin Hobb
The Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch
Old Man's War, John Scalzi
Memories of Ice, Steven Erikson
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Patricia C. Wrede (omnibus edition of a series I was OBSESSED with as a child)
Outward Bound, Robert Heinlein (omibus of 3 novels in one)
2 comments:
Oh God, it's like the Columbia Record Club...but for book nerds. :-P See you Tuesday!
Ah, you caved in. . .
You weak soul!;-)
Patrick
Post a Comment