Thursday, November 30, 2006

Gross

Courtesy of my brother comes this attractive shot, taken in my kitchen Thanksgiving morning. It depicts me doing battle with the turkey. What? The turkey was gross! I had to pull the giblets out of its butt! It was slimy and it weighed 15 lbs. And did Mike or Bryan help? No. I made them stand in the kitchen for moral support. They laughed at me and took pictures.

The turkey is gone now. We put it and the leftover shrimp into a pot of Zatarain's Chicken Creole two nights ago. The green jello is gone because I ate it today for breakfast. It occurs to me that in the last picture I posted of myself, I am wearing exactly the same thing. Really, I do own more than one sweater. I promise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain! Similar moments have I had many.. take care :)

Bryan said...

If you look at the TV in the last picture of Jolee, you can see you taking a picture. Guess what you're wearing....that's OK I like my Adidas pants.

Sarah said...

It is NOT that sweater. Because I took the picture today and I wasn't wearing it. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

Hee... It's okay. I'm lucky nobody's taking pictures of me while I'm home everyday wearing my favorite sweatshirt over and over...

You're brave. Turkeys creep me out.

Robin said...

I could never cook a turkey...blech.