Thirteen Mysteries About My Cat
I could watch my Jolee all day. Because he is just such a cute fluffball. He knows it. He is terribly vain. Pondering him this evening, here are some mysteries that float to mind. (Does anyone else ponder their cat? He looks like he likes to be pondered. He is clearly posing. Clearly.)
1. Where he came from before he was here. (He was trapped! On the streets, last January!)
2. Why he loves me so much.
3. Yet is terrified of everyone else.
4. How old he is. (The vet guesses three or four.)
5. Why he is so fascinated by watching the bathwater drain. (Isn't this sort of like the old cliche of watching paint dry?)
6. Why he can't allow me to go to the bathroom without him. He could be on the other side of the house, asleep, and when I start to pee, he comes running. Seriously, running.
7. Whether his fur will get any longer (dear lord, I hope not).
8. Why he has giant mutant feet.
9. Whether he was indoors or outdoors during Katrina. Poor cat!
10. Why he has a scary post-dinner meow. It is about four times louder than his usual meow and sounds like he's being strangled.
11. Who his other people were, and whether they miss him.
12. Why he sometimes gets himself stuck in his Palace of Poo. (This is what I call his litter box with a lid.) He uses it several times a day. He KNOWS how the door works. Yet sometimes he gets stuck in it, usually late at night, and feels the need to paw the door loudly for ten minutes until we yell at him. Then he gets up the balls to push through the swinging door and just hops out. I think he does it to be annoying.
13. Why he likes the smell of feet.
And now I have to go because he is head-butting my chair. Did I mention that last night he knocked my LAPTOP off the table onto the floor? He has jealousy issues with my laptop.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
13 comments:
What a beautiful cat! A great list for Thursday Thirteen! Cats have always seemed very mysterious to me. That's funny that your cat comes running every time you use the bathroom.
Wonderful TT! Your cat is lucky you found it :)
He sounds like a great cat. :) He is very fortunate you found him. He also looks gorgeous! He looks like a Himalayan or Ragdoll. Lovely.
My T13 is also about my cat. :)
Have a good day. :)
Caylynn & Dragonheart
http://caylynn.blogspot.com
http://dragonheartsdomain.blogspot.com
You're giving him a good life. Of COURSE he loves you! How wonderful that you were able to rescue him, too. ;)
I've posted my Thursday Thirteen, too. Enjoy!
This is the third TT in a row about a cat! Is this a cult? :)
Sorry, I'm just a dog person.
i ponder my cat, too. He likes to watch the bathwater drain - i think it's the little funnel that forms. :)
I have 2 cats that MUST be in the bathroom with me when I go. I wonder what that's all about.
I also rescued a kitten, literally a kitten. The momma cat had her babies in my backyard. I found a home for one and kept the other one. (the tomcat killed the 3rd kitten, prompting me to rescue the remaining 2)
Your cat is beautiful.
My 13 are up.
Nobody pees alone on Merlin's watch, either.
If Jolee needs a brother, there's a kitten in LA that needs a home (it's on my blog today)... ;)
Beautiful cat.
I love it when the kitties follow me into the bathroom... and Tai loves to play in the Poo Box (although, Palace of Poo is much funnier). He can dig for hours and hours. It drives me nuts!
He is such a beautiful cat! Great list! Happy Thursday!
Does anyone else ponder their cat?
Oh yes! All. The. Time.
I love your cat!
My Thursday Thirteen is here
Post a Comment